Schedule Your Consulation Now!

CALL US 24/7


Bo Nichols Law

Periods of Possession, Child Support, Property Division, Violations of Injunctions

Attorney Image
What happens when your ex violates court orders repeatedly? If you feel as if you have tried every avenue to co-parent with your ex and they continue to disregard the decree that the judge has entered for your divorce it could mean it is time to enforce the decree.
A divorce decree is not just a binding legal document, it is a court order, and one party’s failure to comply with certain terms of the decree can give rise to a legal cause of action, or a law suit, to enforce the court’s order. Failure to respond to an enforcement action can have serious negative consequences — including fines, changes to the divorce decree in favor of the other party, and even jail time.

The most common enforcement actions are when one parent is not paying child support or refusing to allow scheduled visitation time. Child support or child custody enforcement actions between parents can quickly spiral out of control into litigation. Early legal advice — regardless of which side of the enforcement action you are on — can save both time and financial resources. More importantly, early intervention may allow you to engage in constructive planning with the other parent, rather than litigation.

Whether you have received notice that you are in contempt of court for violating the divorce decree or you feel your ex is in contempt for violating the decree, call Bo Nichols Law for a consultation at (713) 227-4747 and see what your options are.

Schedule Your Consultation Today!

If you have questions for our experts, just leave a request or contact us by contact phone.

Share This